View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 07:37 AM   #5
MY BELLA MIA
Yorkie Talker

Smile Bald baby

My baby had her first grooming two months. She was matted alot. She did not like to be brushed. The groomer I took her to was wonderful. She told me she would work to get the mats out. She called a couple of hours later and said that Bella was more matted than she thought, and she would do what I wanted....either shave her or get the mats out. Well we really didn't want to shave her so we said do what you can. She said "I promise I won't hurt her."
She called back 2 hours later and said that Bella couldn't take any more. She was only working on in 10-15 minute segments so as not to overstress her. So I relented and said "Okay shave her". It was the best thing. First of she kept her face look. Yeah, she looked like a little lion cub, or like my husband said "the little dog in the Grinch Stole Christmas" lol. Now two months later her hair is coming in nicely. It's not the way it was, but it is growing in. She was much happier, because I guess when they are wet and matted the blow drying causes the mats to get tighter and it hurts.

So don't worry, the hair will grow in. Just comb your baby every day. I give my baby little treats while I'm combing her, because she does not like to sit still for it.
MY BELLA MIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!