View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
bdbmamaw
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I always get my pups shaved when they are 5 - 6 mos old. The adult fur starts to grow out and the mix of puppy fur and adult fur tend to matt easily. One good thing about the shave your baby got is that the adult fur won't have puppy fur to matt with. You still have to brush every day, and it is VERY common for pups to hate brushing. You need to do it anyway (even if you have to hold them down to do it...lol) and you'll be surprised at how they'll have a complete turn-around and come running when you pick up a brush. Mine fight over who gets to be brushed. Sammie was the toughest to get use to it, but she just lays in my lap now and lets me brush while watching TV. Keep you comb next to where you sit and just do a little at a time until you can do it longer and longer. If you skip a day and they start matting again, they will learn to hate it again, because it hurts. So it's real important to brush daily. It does get easier. If your schedule doesn't allow daily brushing, the shorter cuts are easier to control and really cute! Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!