View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #4
no3yshhc0la
No Longer a Member

I know exactly how you both are feeling. I went through the same thing with Sasha. Taking her to the vets office and leaving her there was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I couldn't help but sit around all day wondering how everything was going. I couldn't have been more relieved when the vets office called and told me that she was out of surgery and had woken up and was just really tired.

When I brought her home, she was very very tired, but still extremely excited to see me. I did everything I could to make her comfortable since all she wanted to do was sleep. She was pretty weak for most of the night and didn't eat much of anything. I offered dry food to her which she didn't take, but she did drink a little bit of water. When I had to take her outside to potty, I was very careful picking her up and I set her on the grass to go. I think she only cried once when she was trying to go #2 but for the most part, she never cried in the house. The pain medication really helped her. I just did exactly what the vet told me to do.

The next day I was so paranoid and worried about her that I called into work so I could stay home and be with her. She still didn't much want her kibble so I offered her some rice instead which she gladly ate up right away. She didn't have a bowel movement until about the 3rd day, but it did make sense since she hadn't eaten anything. By the 3rd day, she's was back to her normal self, wanting to run around and jump all over the place. I did the best that I could not letting her jump all over and I always picked her up to take her outside. She was excellent about not scratching at it or trying to lick it.

All in all, it wasn't too horrible of a process. It's definitely hard, but at the same time once you get past it, it really isn't that bad. Good luck to both of you.
no3yshhc0la is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!