View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
sandyapk
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Cry This is not my dog...

I referred an aquaintance of mine to my groomer. My groomer told me this lady lets her yorkie sleep outside year round in a crate. They have 2 dogs that sleep together. (So unacceptable.)

Tonight I had dinner with a couple that live next door to the people that let their yorkie sleep outside. So I asked them if they knew if she really lets her dog sleep outside. Talk about opening a can of worms.......here it goes.

The husband said yes the dog sleeps outside, and often he puts the dog back in the yard in the morning when he goes to work at 5:30 am. Their gate is broken and the dog gets out. (He has told them their gate is broken, and the dog gets out.)

I am horrified. We all live in California, and the weather is starting to get cold.
Besides the weather issues we have coyotes that rumble around trash cans every morning and evening.
The wife (non yorkie owner) told me she has had coyotes in her yard, and she keeps her dog inside because of that.

So this yorkie sleeps outside in the cold, has to out smart coyotes. Oh help!

Then the wife (non yorkie owner) told me the current yorkie owner's last dog died from eating dry cement that was left in the yard. The dog got hungry and ate cement then drank from their pond. They put the dog down.

This yorkie is doomed.

What would you do?

I don't want to do anything illegal, what would you do? I HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT TO DO.
sandyapk is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!