View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 07:43 AM   #1
nycyorkiemom
Yorkie Yakker

Default New Mom Questions!

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum and am going to go visit the little boy who will possibly be the new addition in our family. This will be the first yorkie we have owned and we are very excited. This puppy is a couple days shy of 8 weeks and is already 2 pounds. The breeder guesses the puppy will grow to be around 6 pounds in its adulthood. This is the size we want.

My question has to do with when we can bring him home. The breeder said we can't bring him home now because 8 weeks is too soon for him, but she thought 9 weeks should be fine. I saw another thread where peopel recommended 10-12 weeks, but it seemed that that was because of how tiny most of those puppies are. Since this puppy is already two pounds, should 9 weeks be okay?

Also, his ears aren't poking straight up, at least from what i can tell in the one picture she sent us. Is this a bad sign of health problems? Or is this just an issue if he were going to be a showdog? I also read that you can groom them so that the ears stand up through taping.

Please advise wonderfully wise yorkie parents!
nycyorkiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!