Thread: Liver Shunt
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 11:48 AM   #1
nhsean69
Yorkie Talker

Default Liver Shunt

Well, my girlfriend and I's 4 month old Teacup Yorkie (ty) was rushed to the hospital last night. Ty was Slobbery, Disoriented, Running into the wall and unable to respond to his name or anything. Ty has done this before and has always been slobbery so i know he came from the breeder like this. The Vet has informed us that based on the symptoms and prelilminary blood tests that it is most likely the cause of a Liver Shunt. They are currently Fasting him and doing the acid test today with results provided to us tomorrow sometime. I am currently wondering about this symptom and wether it is Genetic and what ground we have against the Breeder. We are already into the Emergancy Vet bill for $1000. The Vet has given us 2 options of Surgury or having him Put down. From what ive read on here in the short while is that there are diets to control this and medicine?? Is this a option?? If it is 100% positive on a Liver Shunt, then we are prepared to have him put down as i dont want to see the lil guy suffer anymore. But i certainly do not want to lose him if there are other ways to deal with this.

Thank you
Sean
Attached Thumbnails
Liver Shunt-ty-24-.jpg   Liver Shunt-ty-8-.jpg  
nhsean69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!