View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 05:52 AM   #16
cocoangel
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBug View Post
I was wondering if anyone had some ideas or information to share with me. My little Lilly is 7 months old. I opted to have the pre labs drawn prior to her being spayed and she was found to have an elevated liver count. The vet recommended a bile Acid Panel which I just got the results on and is abnormal. Lilly has no clinical symptoms besides being a little smaller than thought- at about 4 pounds. Her fasting level was 33.7 and post meal was 68.4. The vet says this could be suggestive of a shunt. He said there are two options- Medically manage with drugs and diet which could eventually catch up with her or referral to another vet hospital to further go extensive testing. I feel just lost, Lilly is my cuddle bug! Any suggestions or share of simular experiences would help!
I found a great deal of information on livershunt.net , a Yahoo group that I was referred to from another YT member. My Sasha is 2yrs old and was always healthy but suddenly started having seizures. She had her BAT test done this week.....elevated at 69 & 111. We are praying that she can be medically managed, but further testing is necessary. You will find alot of support here and on the livershunt site. Good luck to you and your little Lilly.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!