View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 05:36 AM   #1
JCali
Yorkie Yakker

Default Rescue Yorkie in California?

Hey y'all, I am new to the group but I thought someone here might be able to help me out. My parent's adored dog is dying of cancer and asked me to see if I could find a small dog such as a Yorkie, Bichon, Maltese that needed a new home. They are 61 and 65 and my mom is has a back problem (which is why we need a dog under 10 pounds) so she doesn't work, and, therefore, is home all day. Now that I am away at school and our dog won't be with us much longer, she really needs a companion who she can cuddle and dote on. We don't want to buy a dog b/c we would feel guilty knowing how many dogs need homes and we don't want to unknowingly buy from some back yard breeder. We have a fenced in yard and my parents have years of experience taking care of pets. I have looked on petfinder and put in applications at some different rescues, but so far have not found a match or have not heard back. I live in SF so I could pick it up from here or the surrounding area, and my parents live in Fresno so they could pick it up from anywhere in the central valley. If you guys could keep your eyes open for a calm Yorkie under the age of 7 that needs a new home I would really appreciate it. Thanks guys!
JCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!