View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 04:58 AM   #2
CupofDog
YT 500 Club Member

I use a holistic vet - but the vet is integrative, meaning she does bloodwork, vaccines, surgery, dental, ect. in addition to Chinese Traditional Medicine, Accupuncture and other holistic methods.

Its not worth it if you need two vets - but if you just need the one vet, I am delighted with the care my furbutts get. The initial exam is usually the most expensive and then follow up is more comprable to a normal vet. The reason, besides their expertise that they charge more for the initial is that it a) usually takes the most time and b) holistic care involves pet guardian participation for it to work, so they want serious clients.

Many holistic vets, after they know you will wave the initial exam fee if you have multiple dogs to help make it more affordable.

For your dog with gastritis, my Cavalier King Charles has that too. I especially reccomend a holistic vet for that, because you are going to get a real solution to the problem as opposed to the limited and expensive options an allopathic vet has for this condition.

As far as pet insurance, I might get emergency coverage for your poodle in case of an acute injury, but if the pre-existing clause will be used to dispute charges against everything else, read carefully.

There are some pet insurances that cover holistic vet care too! Pets Best is one. https://www.petsbest.com
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!