View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
labooth23
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question Timid personality change and more

Hey all.

Am new to this forum and excited to find it. I have 2 yorkies, Hershey male and 9, Snickers female and 8. We had Snickers spayed years ago but have not had Hershey neutered yet.
Current problem with him is this: a few months ago he was playing and he broke a nail down to the quick if that's what it's called for pups. There was pain and blood, we of course took him to the vet who fixed him up. It hurt him to walk for a while, he couldn't jump up or down on furniture and of course playing was out of the question. Now it's been a few months, his nail and paw are fine but his personality has completely changed. When we go to walk, he shakes and doesn't want to go. While walking, the ears are down, the little nubbie tail is tucked in and he looks scared. He hasn't been bullied or anything by other animals. We are not in a new environment, he has just become timid and refuses to play. If I bring out the toys or frisbee he runs and hides.
His anus looks enlarged to me but the vet states it looks normal for a dog who has not been neutered.
I want my buddy back but more importantly I want him to be healthy and happy again. I just had his teeth cleaned and had blood work which all came back normal.

Any suggestions? I know I need to have him neutered but that isn't just my call. His dad is against it unless I can prove health reasons.

Even friends have asked what is wrong with Hershey?
Thanks.
Laura
labooth23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!