View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 05:57 PM   #10
shazier2000
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Smile parrots

Hi, I presantly have 3 african greys a mealy amazon and a cockatiel. I did also have an unbrella cockatoo and a blue and gold macaw, they sadly passed away a few yrs ago.
Parrots are very, very inteligent and should never be underestimated. birds,parrots can honestly be your sole mate and can become very attached and devoted to there owner.
I had to go into hospital for quite some mths, about 4yrs ago, my macaw got so sick and died at the vets,they put his death down to a broken heart, they could find nothing wrong with him,this was very sad.
enjoy your parrot no matter what breed, they are beautiful,and as said very inteligent, funny, naughty just like a small child and need to be watched like one too, if you dont be warned when i say they can be naughty they get into mischief, and can harm them selves, some do like making holes in the curtains and saying peepoo lol
Parrots vary in many ways. my advise to anyone gettng a parrot if they dont have experience, is to gather up as much info as you can and learn about there needs, diet is very important in the well being,and there are things that can kill toys to play with a suitable cage that has plenty of room and lots of love and respect.
any question or advise please ask, im sure others on the site that do have parrots would agree. enjoy your parrot and all the best hehe
shazier2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!