View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 05:26 PM   #9
yorkie_mama22
Currently Suspended!

aww I am so glad to hear that your conure says so many words, Kiwi is still young and just says Kiwi and occasionally HI but he screams alot especially if I am in another room and call his name he will scream. it is also so funny because I will talk to him pretending to argue and he argues back, it is the most hilarious thing ever!!!

BridgettesMomma- They are amazing!!!! This is my first, I bought him for my daughter for her second birthday in July. he will be 8 months on the 14th and I have to say that they are great, VERY VERY smart. I am not sure about other conures but from my experience they are not very loud. They do get their moments where they will scream but it isn't a constant annoying screaming. It's best to get a handfed/tamed baby. My Kiwi has started biting a bit but I tell him a very firm NO and give him a quick time out in his cage and he is starting to get alot better. He doesn't bite hard its a playful bite but still I don't want to encourage bad behaviour. They are VERY social birds that LOVE human interaction. I leave my conures cage open all day so he can come out whenever he likes, his wings are clipped so he can't fly around but he can fly down and fly a little across the room but not like a normal bird with non clipped wings can. They are great with children, my daughter plays with him all the time. They LOVE kisses, I can sit on the couch and Kiwi will kiss my lips the whole time, it is so funny because he actually will stick his tongue out and try to tongue me, I think hubby gets a little jealous but they are very social birds. I made a play area for him above his cage with tree branchs that goes up to the ceiling. Theres some toys hanging and he enjoys to play on it, they do need some toys in the cage to keep them busy because they love to play! Also I have a fleece blanket handing in the cage like a hammock that he sleeps in. Even if they are just sitting on the couch with you is good interaction. I am amazed each day how smart they are and I am going to get another one in the furture. They are awsome and I would recommend one for sure but make sure it is handtamed. I feed my conure a mix of seeds, bird kibble, fresh/frozen veggies, fruits, eggs and yogurt. Oh and kiwi LOVES cheese but then again he loves anything you will feed him. They love music also, it is really funny when I have music on Kiwi will bob is head and dance around singing. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me!

Last edited by yorkie_mama22; 12-05-2008 at 05:29 PM.
yorkie_mama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!