Thread: poor mimi
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 10:30 AM   #1
ariana
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default poor mimi

my poor mimi is 3 months old. She used to be a fun feisty puppy. Recently she jumped out of her wagon which she had never done before. Although it was only 1 foot high it appeared as though she was limping. Within 15 min she was running around as if nothing had happened. 2 days later she started to act differnent she wasnt her normal self, she was very quiet and looked tired. By the next day Mimi was not walking right she seemed dizzy and weak she would walk as if she could barely hold herself up and sometimes she would even sort of fall over.Her symptoms seemed as if she were really sick instead of symptoms from the wagon fall and she did throwup once and has not urinated in 2 days that i know of. I took her to the vet and they said theyd have to keep her overnight and do x-rays and bloodwork and it would be $800 I was a little unsure of the vet and his assistant. I also felt a little uncomfortable and was told to get a second opinion. If they tell me again that it will cost that much to diagnose her I will pay for it, my MIMI is worth it but I just felt that the vet was trying to take advantage of my lack of knowledge considering this is my first dog ever. Is this normal? plus I will also have to pay for any surgery, medication and hospitalization aside from the $800.I have been giving her nutrical every day and she gets better for a little while then she starts walking sort of with her tail dragging then sometimes with it up in the air. PLEASE HELP Ive been told it may be something minor or something serious I dont want to waste any more time but I need to know if its happened to anyone and if the wagon fall and her behavior are related. I just need help im so frustrated and I dont want to waste $800 for them to tell me she has Hypoglycemia or depression as they did to my friends puppy.

Last edited by ariana; 09-26-2005 at 10:33 AM.
ariana is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!