View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 06:05 AM   #8
hugz4all4
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogie Man View Post
Mine may be a contrarian opinion but I believe it's the total quality of the ingredients rather than if it's grain free or not. Most grain-free foods are very high quality but I've chosen to feed my dogs Nature's Logic. It is not grain-free but I feel it has advantages over the grain-free foods I've researched. The grain it uses is millet, which is supposed to be highly digestible and is not known to cause allergies in dogs. It has a high meat content and is 36% protein. What really sold me on it is the fact that Nature's Logic contains no synthetic vitamin and mineral compounds in it, which makes it unique among kibble. It exceeds the AAFCO recommendations just on its food ingredients and doesn't need added vitamins and minerals. It is an all life stages food and I feed both my adults and puppies the same food. They all do great on it. Another good thing is that it comes in 4 varieties....chicken, lamb, venison and duck & salmon so they don't get tired of the 'same old thing' which can lead to picky eating or even food allergies over time. What to feed is an individual choice but I feel very comfortable in recommending Nature's Logic.
I have a question for you if you dont mind or anyone else that can answer. I have all 4 of my dogs on Taste of the wild, They range in age from 8 years to 11 weeks. Theyve been on it for a little over a month and they all seem to be thriving, the sore spots that my sheltie had on his belly have even gone away. Now my question, it's a ALS food and for the puppy (i switched him from chicken soup puppy cause he was eating the other food anyways, and after the whole science diet disaster )it says to give 1 cup for the 3 to 5 pound range. He was 2.5 pounds at the vets 2 weeks ago so I give him a little less than a full cup, he doesnt eat it all, it takes him almost 2 days to finish it, I keep his food in his crate and he has access to it all day and night long. Im worried that he isnt getting enough. He is still very active and he poops 3 to 4 times a day and its normal.. Soooo is he getting enough or should I switch him to a puppy food?
Thanks
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!