Thread: Crazy Question
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 08:30 AM   #7
kp&nala
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whispersmom2
I am curious as to why y'all just don't keep an eagle eye on both dogs but especially the female. It is not a situation where you look at her vulva one day and say "OMG, look. She is ready to breed! What must I do!"..It takes several days for the female to bleed, ovulate and go into a standing heat. Check your girl EVERY day-get lots of belly bands for the male and panties for the female. BUT, KEEP THEM SEPARATED FROM EACH OTHER! and supervise them if they have to be in the same area. How old are they? If they are 6 months many, if not most, vets will alter them. Since they do not live in the same home, there should be no reason to suspect that she would get pregnant if they are not together.
i don't suspect anything thats why i said "WHAT IF" i know that it would be quite obvious if she was in heat. nala already has a day set to get spayed i was only making a statement b/c i was curious i don't know anything about bloodlines breeding etc so i wanted to get an answer from a breeder that knew rather than the "well i heard" answers i got from people i knew
kp&nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!