View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 07:03 AM   #5
Lou
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaM View Post
Wow, how scary. Glad no one was seriously hurt.

Yogi and Gracie get into it pretty good, but never to that point. When I do feel the need to step in I pin them both to the ground, shake them a little and growl at them to QUIT. I gently but firmly hold them there until they stop squirming and are focused on me - not each other. When released they usually get up, hanging their heads as if to say, "Sorry Momma." and walk quietly away. Of course I usually hear Gracie muttering under her breath, "But he started it." She was such a back talker when she was younger. Little Miss Attitude.
Thats a really good idea. I have done that to both of them in the past and Cassie (the shih tzu and little mother) pins them down when they get too rough with her. But I hadn't thought about it for breaking up a fight. Neither one of them meant to bite me - they were biting each other and my hand and arm got in the way. I'm OK. I was just so shocked! Adie has usually just snarled and walked away from Skeeter when he pestered her and he would give up. I guess my little boy is growing up though and sees Adie as an equal now. Cassie is the alpha among them but I bet he challenges Adie for Beta. I know, I know I'm supposed to be the alpha and I am but I'm talking about their own little group. Last night they were sleeping on Ivan's big ol bed about an inch apart.

Gracie Skeeter Adie Tyler
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!