View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 04:11 PM   #15
TammyJM
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatumsMom View Post
Well, when they were younger it was easier to get away with spending less but mine are 12 and 14 now. I still try to take it easy since they have so many grandparents and aunts/uncles that want to get them stuff. It usually comes to $200 or a little more for each of them. Oh, how I remember the days when we could just buy packages of baby diapers and plastic baby bottles, even a big box of colors and they would be so happy! Mine are really very easy though and don't ask for much so with the economy as it is now, that's a blessing!

But I do have to say that my parents had a larger budget than mine when I was a kid. My sister and I made out pretty well at Christmas but then we didn't get much stuff (besides necessities) during the year. My parents had a special Christmas account that got added to all year long so that they could splurge on us at Christmas.
Oh my goodness...sooooo true!! Mine would be perfectly content to get new coloring books and crayons! They honestly would be thrilled with that....but mine are only 3 and 5 so they would even have fun picking out toys at the dollar store. It's my hubby that thinks they need the more expensive things. He wants to get them the Wii for Christmas and I think that's crazy for two toddlers. I have talked him down (LOL!) and he has agreed that we will stick with "regular" toddler aged toys this year.

Tammy
TammyJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!