View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 10:30 AM   #35
Sharlee
Yorkie Talker

Default Liver disease

Hi all,
First time poster, but I visit YT on a daily basis. First of all, I just want to say you guys are awesome! What a kind, compassionate and above all, knowledgeable group you all are! I have learned sooo much about my furbaby here and I'm very grateful for all the shared information. Unfortunately, my girl also had high bile acid results come back. Unlike some of you, my previous vet didn't have any good numbers for me as her tests only showed a pre number of 5 and a post number of "above 30". I have since changed vets and I'm currently in the process of having my baby's Protein C test sent to Cornell U. After reading all the posts here I decided this should be the next step, although both vets wanted to go with an Ultrasound in the beginning. My current Dr. was very open to my request for a Protein C test although he had not heard of it beforehand. See how valuable you been in educating us! I wanted to let everyone know the comparative costs associated with both tests. Ultrasound was quoted at $300.00 and the Protein C is $31.50 plus next day air shipping and whatever fee your vet will charge for the blood draw. Quite a difference!
Sharlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!