View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 07:46 AM   #1
Lucia
Twinkle & Wicket's Mum
Donating Member

Embarassed Twinkle nipped my friend! Any ideas why?

Twinkle is incredibly sweet natured around everyone.....except one of my friends! She comes round after work a couple of times a week and when she does, Twinkle goes nuts!!! She dives all over her sniffing her and licking, and barks at her (which is really weird coz she's not much of a barker). I'm pretty sure it's all playfu - her tail is wagging and it doesn't seem aggressive but she's becoming increasingly nippy. She's nearly six months now and has done this to my friend from day one. Anyway this afternoon she leapt up at my friend as she sat on the sofa and bit her hand! She didn't draw blood but it was pretty hard. My friend said 'NO' firmly and put her on the ground, but Twinkle was still diving all around and barking her head off! As I've said, she doesn't react like this to anyone else. Over the last couple of months we've tried a couple of different things: my friend has tried giving her a treat when she arrives so that she associates her arrival with something pleasant, and has also tried simply ignoring her and the behaviour like you would with a naughty child.********* I'm just wondering whether there's anything else we can try or is it just a case of perservering with these techniques? Do you reckon she can smell the scent of my friend's dog and that's what's making her a bit crazy? (I dont even know if that's possible - just a thought. We're not socializing them yet as she has an un-neutered Shihtzu and I don't want to risk any 'accidents') Sorry about the long post, I hope it all made sense! Any ideas would be great! Thankyou xxx xxx
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!