View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 05:05 AM   #10
TeresaM
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Congrats on getting her nails done. I'm a big chicken and take my gang to be done. Either at a groomers or the vets if they are scheduled for an appointment.

For the ears tho, I just work a lot with them to get use to the clippers. But I use a small mustache trimmer for their ears. It took a little more effort with Gracie Ruth then Yogi, but what I did was sit on the bed with her and let her smell the clippers and rubbed them all over her, especially on the tips of her ears. I gave her a small bite of a treat every time she reacted in a positive way. Once I had her to where she didn't care what I did with them I turned them on and started the whole process all over again. Once she was ok with them on and being rubbed on her I focused on her ear tips. With the clippers on I'd rub the body of the clippers on both the front and back of her ears. Lots of more treats and eventually I was able to trim her ears without her worrying about it. It took a couple of days to get to the point were I could clip her ears, but I didn't want to over stress her about the procedure. Now it just takes a few minuets to do.

With Yogi, I rubbed the clippers all over him, woke him up, gave him a treat, turned them on, clipped his ears woke him up to give him a treat and put him down from the table. Yogi is my laid back boy, very little gets him upset.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!