View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #11
leucothea
Senior Yorkie Talker

I have alot to add to this and also gain from reading other's posts on this subject because I have three and the two females (one spayed and one not) fought horribly until I realized this was not a game when one of them had a BM while they were locked together. I have been bitten twice on the stomach when they are trying to get at each other and the way they grab on to each other's jaws caused me to practically have a heart attack with the delicate eye right nearby. They are always separated by gates and it is quite a feat to get them out to potty. One female goes in the corral while the other goes out and then it's switch time so the other can go out.

I have one in the living room with panties on and one in the kitchen at all times. The male doesn't mind as he gets variety at play time.

In the bedroom I have a pen for the aggressive female with lots of soft bedding at the foot of my bed and the other two sleep on top of the bed. I try not to feel guilty because the most important thing to me is their safety because they are ALL my kiddos.

I am interested to see what everyone else says too. The comment about the vet bill for the eye scares me because I was sure Cleo's eye was involved until I could separate them to see where they were locked. I even stuck my hand into one's mouth and had to pry the jaw loose from the other girl.

I wish there was some solution. Has anyone done any clicker training, like Victoria Stillwell? They had an episode where there were two dogs in the same house who hated each other and she was able to resolve the issue with clicker training.

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!