View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 01:52 PM   #9
GeorgieMama
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACowboy View Post

So one thing I learned on these boards is that you have the dog walk over to the spot themselves rather than carry them, we were hesitant with allowing her to walk at first because she likes to go anywhere, she doesn't sniff or anything, just squats and goes, so for this week when we started this, I would literally hold her back end and walk over maybe 10 feet to the potty area I created with the baby pens, almost like carrying her like a wheel barrel, allowing her to use her front paws to walk but making sure she doesnt get a chance to squat and pee, once we get into the pen area I would put her towards the back and I have a chair there for me at the opening and I would sit there and continually say pottie, pottie, pottie while pointing at the mat, before she would sit there for 10 minutes

But one thing that I can tell you is kinda annoying is she is so small after she pees while walking away her hind legs always walk over the pee, so we have to keep baby wipes next to the area to wipe her feet with.

So far it has been good and i hope she gets it! So maybe try setting up an area for your dog to go to, for the most part what I read on this board is for consistancy and can't get anymore consistant than that.
The 'wheel barell' cracked me up! she sounds just like my Maddie! no smelling/sniffing, just squat! and always stepping on pees too, so yeah, i have wipes on hands to use ea. time too.
GeorgieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!