View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
tracyb1023
Senior Yorkie Talker

lets see...i think you will get lots of answers here.

Of course, every month mine need:

food
heartworm meds & flea/tick preventative (i buy in bulk)
pee pads
shampoo/conditioner
plus all the toys, treats, etc that I feel compelled to buy them (whether they need them or not is a different story)

Assuming your pup is healthy-you probably won't need $300.00/month. I have two and I don't think I spend that much every month. Believe me, if I had unlimited funds I could easily drop $300 on those spoiled babies of mine! If I had to guess, I'd say I spend around $150 a month for both of mine-for the bare necessities.

Now for vet visits and grooming throughout the year you can run your tab up pretty quick...it costs me $100 to have them both groomed and usually $100 a piece each time we head to the vet for check ups and shots. If you add a dental-it's even more. But, like I said-this all depends on health, how often you have them professionally groomed, and unexpected things that can come up...

im interested to see what others say about this. It's great that you are planning and giving yourself some 'cushion' as these guys can get pretty expensive. They are worth every penny though
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!