View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 11:06 AM   #7
sarahcarp
Yorkie Yakker

Default He's feeling so much better today!

Thanks so much for everyone's prayers, they are working! He's walking around a little bit, he even ate some food. The vet told me just to give him a small tablespoon so it wouldn't make him sick, and he's kept it down. He hasn't been vomiting at all since the first night, although he has had a tiny bit of diarrhea, the vet said it's to be expected. It makes sense since he's had nothing to eat for two days until now, poor little guy. I've called the vet to let her know how well he's doing and she told me he doesn't need to come in unless he throws up his food or seems really lethargic. He even tried playing ball, bless his little heart! I've been having him go on newspaper so I can just throw out the infected poop instead of have it infect the yard. His little body is swollen from being injected with fluids but he's feeling and looking much better. All I have to do is give him oral antibiotics twice a day. I can't wait to have him back to normal, and to give the poor little guy a bath when he's feeling better. I feel bad because I have to keep him restricted to the bedroom, and he wants to come out so bad and play. I am so glad we caught it early, and that he's feeling better!
sarahcarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!