View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 11:04 AM   #5
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

I don't know which type of Science Diet you are feeding but here it a link to PetFoodAnalysis.com that expains about some the the ingredients in the Science Diet. It just has too much grain and not enough quality protein.
Dog Food Reviews - Science Diet Nature's Best Puppy Original (Archived) - Powered by ReviewPost

Like the above poster stated, you puppy is not especially small so she may be getting enough food. I would continue to leave out the finely ground dry food but a couple times a day offer her some fresh gruel made from the milk formula and a little of the ground food mixed in. Also, canned Pedigree Lamb and Rice puppy food is also good to mix with the ground up puppy food. I would use just enough to make the ground meal a little moist. How are her bowel movement? If she is getting constipated then that would cause her to get shakey and not want to eat.

You can get the puppy vitamin drops from your vet. I think most vets carry them. You can do a google search for 'Canidae dog food' or 'Chicken soup dog food' and go to their website and find a retailer. These food are not sold at pet stores. Solid Gold Wee Bits is a good food for puppies, I think it is sold at Petco stores.

When do you plan on getting your puppies their first shots? You definitely need to wait a few weeks before doing that.

Please keep us posted on how she is doing.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!