View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 08:27 AM   #11
Dara311
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasha Marie View Post
Today I took my 6 month old female to the vet to be spayed. Shortly after he got started, he called me to tell me that her baby teeth had not fallen out and they needed to be extracted, as she had what he said were like shark teeth growing in a second row (adult teeth coming in next to the baby teeth). He said 15 had to come out, at $17 per tooth! I about fell on the floor, at the thought of my poor little baby having to have that done! Originally I was asking if he could take her dewclaws while she was out, as the breeder never did it, and first told me it would cost $100, then this morning when I dropped her off, he told me $140. I could not afford that too, so I told him to forget that, I would keep them trimmed and keep an eye on them. What ticked me off is that I told him I would call him back after I checked on my finances and didn't give him the ok for the dews....only to find out when I called back 15 minutes later, his tech tells me he already did the dewclaws! So a $160 spay turned into a $600 + visit that i was not ready for.

anyone else experience this retained baby tooth problem? I'd like to hear about it.

wow! that is a lot of money per tooth....fiona got spayed last Tuesday, and she only had 1 retatined baby tooth, and they charged me 8 dollars for it....her spay went from $160 to $219! just hope that you dont have to do anything else surgery wise for your baby!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!