Thread: Animal Cruelty?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #3
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Here is a link for you: Factory Farming | Farm Sanctuary

This one has an interesting ticker, it shows the number of animals killed since you opened the webpage (quite shocking, actually): FARM - Farm Animal Rights Movement

The reason the ticker is interesting is that (in reference to your first question above), when you see types of mistreatment caught on film - one, two, three times - you have to then put that into perspective in terms of the large scale of how it *is* indeed happening all over. An analogy would be - when a person writes a letter to a TV program expressing an opinion, the producers consider that opinion representative of the larger scale - so they consider that 3,000-5,000 opinions, depending upon the show. So, my point is: while you *are* seeing some of the "worst of the worst" - those things are happening all over, at factory farms - sadly.

This is a UK organization - and they are eons ahead of us, in terms of trying to treat animals with care: Compassion in World Farming

I don't know if any of this will help you, but there ya go, my friend.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!