View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 07:19 PM   #5
Belindtch
Donating Yorkie Yakker

I have 3 yorkies and until about a year ago we had no fights. Now it seems to happen quite frequently. Alyssa was my only furbaby for 3 years. She thought her job was to protect mommy and protect our house. Alyssa is now 6 years old. We got Emmy when Alyssa was 4 and she hated her. She ignored her and acted lke she was still the only furbaby. Emmy tried to play with her but she would growl. She wanted nothing to do with her. Then we got Lucy who is just a few months younger than Emmy. Emmy immediately took to Lucy and treats her as her baby. They carry on a mommy-baby relationship. Alyssa is left out. All 3 are spayed. Problems come when Emmy gets close to me. Alyssa can't stand it and will jump on her. Emmy fights back and we have all out war. One vet bill was almost a thousand dollars to get Emmy's eye fixed. I bought a training collar (shock) but do not have the heart to use it. I just try to avoid situations that will lead to a fight between Alyssa and Emmy. I have found that giving Alyssa individual attention does help the fighting. I just have to monitor them when they are out of the gated area.

Lucy Dexter
Belindtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!