View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
tjdmom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Well, first off, I hope that was not a cooked chicken bone as that would be very dangerous! As for her food aggression, I would make sure that you make her do things for her food. Like I make my girls sit before I give them their food. I would not let her get away with that behavior as it could get worse. If you need to put on gloves or use a broom to get it away, then thats what you have to do. Since she is not coming very well, that also makes me think she has a lack of respect for you. You can work with her outside on a long lead and just teach her to come that way, of course a yummy treat is a good incentive and lastly, don't ask her to come and then either punish her or do something she doesn't enjoy. My Zoe comes really well but I notice that if she thinks it's bath time and I call her, she doesn't want to and tends to hide. I have to be careful of that as she is starting to associate me calling come with something she doesn't like and that may be your problem as well. Good luck and I'm sure others will come along with good advice as well!
tjdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!