View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 08:47 AM   #2
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

I am so sorry you little one is having so much problems. It is sad that the mother quit feeding them so young, I have never had one to do that. Is the mothers milk completely dried up? What kind of dry food are you grinding up. I feel that Science Diet is a very poor quality food. You might try a better quality food like Canidae or Chicken Soup puppy. Are the litter mates all eating well? Does this little puppy look too thin? It is possible she is having problems with hypoglycemia and that could be effecting her appetite.

I would not give a puppy that age anything but the ground up kibble and the milk formula. The recipe you listed sounds like it would be okay. I get concerned about giving a puppy that small to many different things. I do recommend Pet-tinic or Nutri-drops instead of the supplements like Nutri-cal. I would definitely leave down the finely ground dry food along with some water.

My only other concern is that she could possibly have a liver problem and the lack of appetite and shakiness could be caused from that. If she does not perk up pretty soon then I recommend you get her checked by the vet. I pray this little girl does well.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!