View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 08:09 PM   #14
amandawash
Lovin' my R & R
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganS View Post
oh dear! I'm so sorry! Big hugs to you and Ranger! Don't blame yourself - it's not your fault!
Thank you! Poor bud, he was playing with Ryder this evening and the carpet rubbed it raw again Thanks for the hugs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkids View Post
Amanda, I am sorry about little Rangers feet. I dont know ANYTHING about that because I so do not run. My little ones miss out on that great activity! Ha Ha
Ranger will be fine and heal up. I am happy to hear this as bad as that sounds because at least its not something that requires surgery! Give Ranger extra love from our gang.
I gave Ranger the extra lovin' from your kids. He pushed me away, so I don't know what that says I am so glad I figured this out and feel silly for immediately "going there," but I can't help but worry about the worst. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattiesmom View Post
Amanda, I am so very sorry that Ranger has sores on his little footsies. I have found the absolute BEST of the BEST wound medicine is Herbal Wound Spray made with 100% pure Emu Oil. The company that makes it is Laid In Montana, here's a link: Buy emu oil online - All natural products from Montana . We used the spray on a young stallion who got silly and cut his back leg on a piece of wire right at the hock - there wasn't much to stitch, but Doc did the best he could and left the Herbal Wound Spray for us to use twice daily. The results were incredible..... the healing was slow, which was a good thing, from the inside out, but once it was healed the hair even came back chesnut - with no white. He does have a bit of scar tissue because we got lazy once the wound closed up - we should have continued the treatments for another 6 weeks or so, but it was winter and cold.....

I would strongly recommend the Herbal Wound Spray - I use it on me and on both of my surgery incisions and they have almost disappeared.
That sounds really interesting and a great product to have on hand. I am going to have to get me some for the pony and dog first aid kit. Those horses can get themselves into the most horrible messes, can't they? My newest arab gelding came up lame last week so we took him in this morning and found a bone chip in his fetlock!! Great! I guess it's my bad animal luck month. I can't complain, it could all be MUCH WORSE!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!