View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #7
Latifah
Yorkie Yakker

What a great name: The Gooch. I know exactly how you feel and I am so glad Gucci is safe and wasn't harmed.

Allie is a runner. She can't be out front w/o a leash.

Tuesday, I was walking a friend of mine to the door and it was cracked just enough for 4lb Allie Bear to go out like a shot. Legs fully extended...gone down the block. We we stunned for a moment and of course, that's all it took for her to be halfway down the block.

My friend drove down and picked her up, but I was just stunned at how fast Allie is. Allie also can get underneath the fence quickly. Our wooden privacy fence is bordered on the outside by a chain link fence, that I thought was secure. But leave it to a Yorkie to find the hole and enter another yard. The first time it happened, she made it to the front yard as I was calling her. The second and thrid times, she went into another neighbor's yard. The second time, the wife was leaving to get her kids from school, so as I am going around the neighborhood, calling for her, she is being fawned over at the elementary school. I happened to see my neighbor's van in the driveway when I was coming back and as soon as she came to the door she asked "Are you looking for a dog?" Wow. The thrid time, same yard but the husband and one of the children had her. He also looked for the hole on his side.

Yorkie's are something else when it comes to getting out. Allie isn't trying to explore, she trying to hunt and kill squirrels lol.

This morning, she was just going nuts at the fence because a squirrel was running along the top of it. My grandmother said she'd put her money on the squirrel. I told her the original purpose of the Yorkie was to kill all things vermin and that my money is on Allie Bear everytime lol.
Latifah is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!