Thread: So mad!
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #15
Darlin Beauxs
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzwanned View Post
I have an account at Banco Popular cause my mom made me open one, i really dont like the bank but w.e. I used to be at citibank but closed it there cause they would charge me random charges and didnt like that. Anyway i have a debit card there(at B.P.) and had a certain amount of money on it. Well the other day i had about $143 left on it and bought a $4 metrocard and $17 hair product. That leaves $122 on my card. That same day i made a charge of $144 to buy boots. Now at that time i thought i had enough on the card to buy the boots but that night i checked and realized i went over so i knew i had to pay the $30 overdraft fee cause of the boots. Anyway i checked today online and realized they charged me 3 overdraft fees of $30 each, so $90 in total, plus the extra for the boots that i didnt have, so now i owe $112. I feel robbed! They should have only charged me one overdraft fee, am i right? I made the first 2 charges while i still had enough money on my card, the only charge i made was the last one that i went over. But they are charging me for the other 2 as well. Then when i checked online at my history they made it seem like i bought the boots first and then made the other 2 charges...but i bought the boots last! I even have the receipts. Am i wrong? Do they charge me 3x cause i bought everything that same day? I feel cheated and now have to pay triple what i owe!

I used to work in banking, and at the bank I worked at, it was their policy to process the largest item first. So the first item would have overdrawn you, and then the other two items also. Most branch managers have an "overdraft limit" that they are allowed to refund each month. Your best bet would be to wait until Monday (a new month) and go in and plead your case. They may refund at least 1 of the fees, if not all if this is your first time going in to overdraft. Also, usually if you apply for an overdraft line of credit they will refund the fees for you as a courtesy.
Darlin Beauxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!