View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
Baby doll mom
Yorkie Talker

Embarassed Question about medication/second opinion

Hello everyone,

I'm a new yorkie mom (19 weeks old) - never owned a dog before either - and I'm trying not to be the paranoid first time parent of a furchild. I was wondering if anyone would share any experiences with a fallen yorkie. Muņeca (translates to Baby Doll) fell early this week. We didn't rush her to the er vet because she limped for a bit, and when we massaged her leg she didn't cry, or seem to be in any kind of pain. After a couple hours she was walking normally. She ate and drank normally, and did all her typical things. We decided to watch her, and look for any signs that she was really hurt. In the following days, she played, jumped, ran, made my husband chase her all over the yard everytime he took her out - all normal activities, but every once in a while she'd limp. She wouldn't cry or complain, so we scheduled a vet check, just in case. We took her today and were given a medication that I'm not so sure about. I've researched it online and it has been shown to cause severe side effects, and it is mostly used for arthritic senior dogs. So, long story, long, what should I do? Should I give her this medication and hope of the best? Or should I get a second opinion? Any suggestions?
Baby doll mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!