Thread: Eye Surgery?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 10:39 PM   #21
Yorkie24U
YT 500 Club Member

Thumbs up Lindsey update

Lindsey continues to be a trooper ! The eye meds have kept her glaucoma eye pressure down to a normal level, but thats not saying that it will stay there. So many people have helped me out with the very expensive eye meds that she has to have to control the pressure. She's on the same eye meds that people use for their control of glaucoma.

She don't seem to let any of this bother her and she don't appear to have any headaches, just as normal as ever for 8 yrs old. She even knows now the times of day when her eye meds are due and comes to me for them without any fuss.

I know the time will come when that eye will have to come out, but as long as she can still close her eyelid over her eye and the pressure checks show a normal reading, she will keep her eye. When all this changes, and I'm sure it will in time, then the eye will have to come out and I'm prepared for that time also.

I just wanted to thank all of you who have responded to this email with your thoughts and prayers, please continue, I know its really helping her and me.
Our next pressure check will be on January 22, 2009. Meantime we continue with the Trusopt 3 times a day and the Xalatan twice a day, plus the tear ointment once a day.

Our babies are so precious to us and I will keep her as comfortable as possible thru this . Her older sister, Lacey, by 2 yrs also her biological sister, is so understanding that her little sister needs her eye drops and always stays near her knowing she has to have her eye meds. Lacey gets a lot of attention also.

I will keep posting updates and please keep the prayers coming, I know they help a lot , and I know Yorkietalk members really care. Thank you,

Blessings to all,
Lindsey & Laceys Mom

Last edited by Yorkie24U; 11-27-2008 at 10:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Yorkie24U is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!