View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 07:12 AM   #1
greendiva
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Diarrhea to Constipation

My little 4 lb Yorkie is constipated and I'm not sure what to do... Earlier this week she had several horrible bouts of diarrhea and because of her size, I was very worried and immediately took her to the vet. They put her on 50 mg of Flaygl every twelve hours and told me to feed her a bland diet of rice and boiled chicken. That stopped the diarrhea - and everything else! I only gave her three pills and then stopped when it became apparent she was now having the opposite problem.

Today is the third day of no bowl movement and I'm at my wits end to know what to do. Her tummy is semi-hard and rounded more than usual. She is a more quiet then her normal bouncy self but doesn't seem horribly lethargic either. She's still excited about eating and she's drinking ok too. I tried to get her to eat canned pumpkin per some posts I read here, but she turned up her little nose and wanted nothing to do with it.

Of course today is Thanksgiving and I can't take her to a vet or even really call one so I thought maybe all you experienced Yorkie owners would have some good suggestions or at least some reassurance for me?? She's my baby and I just want her to feel better!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!