View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 06:45 AM   #4
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah3183 View Post
I posted this in the general discussion, then realized I'd probably get more help here. So, my apologies if you've read this post twice.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mayme has just recently started barking and running around the house like crazy when I'm trying to get ready for work in the mornings. This morning I was even fixing her some peas and carrots(her fave!) and she was growling and getting real upset with me! I have no idea where this aggression has come from. I even went to give her a kiss last night, and she snapped at me and bit my nose! She has never done this before. Any ideas why she seems so irritated at me, or what she could be wanting? She has also been up barking at lot at night as well, but it's not at me then. She just runs in the living room and barks!
Something has changed in this little ones head.
How old is she could be a developmantal stage.
Could be a medical concern.
Could be something bad happened when you were out of the house.

Looks like a variation of sepration anxiety.

I be very gentle with her and slow and easy.
I start the nothing in life is free protocal, which is just she sits or downs or does a behaviour she can do before she gets feed or goes out or has a cuddle.
I go see a vet and make sure she is ok in the body and even maybe get some blood work for thyroid and Diabites.

I call in someone that works postive and knows behaviour and have a chat.

n alpha roll on this dog before we are aware of what is actuall going wrong will not be the best course of action. If you find she is ill you can not take it back and the damage to your relationship is done.

With sepration anxiety and dealing with that there is a whole proper way to work through it and I can track that down if you would like.

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!