View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #5
Wabbit
Love my little flowers
Donating Member

It seems like she is in an excited state...which probably starts when she sees the leads come out...or you getting the others ready...

You need to make sure that she is absolutely calm before you proceed with your walk. I personally would start getting ready for you walk...earlier than you plan...so you can work with her on getting her calm and submissive... As soon as she starts getting excited you need to try to get her to lay down and stay there until she is calm. You might need to hold her down gently until she gives up and chills out...and as soon as she has calmed down...laying her head down...even possible closing her eyes.....then try to start getting the rest of the dogs ready.

It's good that she is calm on the walks....now you just need her to be calm before you go on the walks... One of my large dogs always started barking and running around real excited...so I had to work on making her lay down until she was completely calm then I would take them for a walk..sometimes I had to wait quite awhile...Now she does great! Don't give up....and be consistant.

Good luck!!
RIP Honey Rose & Jasmine
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!