View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 08:26 AM   #12
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmalibuSS View Post
Well I stumbled upon this forum from some research. I have never posted here. In fact I do not own a Yorkie, I do have a Pit / German short hair mix and smaller mix terrier breed. Both are saved dogs. On a trip to PetsMart yesterday to get our smaller dog (Ozzy) nails trimmed we picked up some dog treats on our way out the door. They happen to be the Vita life chicken chips. (the round ones.) We picked them up because the only ingredient was "chicken" However I did not notice they were "Made in China" If I had seen that I would not have purchased them. I really stray away from the made in china items as much as possible. We fed one to each of our dogs. In about a hour our smaller dog Ozzy started to vomit, and did not want any food. Though it was kinda funny so I looked at the bag and then noticed the dredded Made in China. It has been 24 hours now and he is still not feeling well. Still has Diarrea and some vomitting. If he does not get better by tomorrow we will take hime to the vet. I am not certin that the Chicken chips are responsible for this but it is the only thing that has changed in his diet recently. Just wanted to say beware of them and all "Made in China" Items.
-Joe-
Thanks for this information, the words are often printed very small, and I noticed so many of Target's dog products now saying this. I hope Ozzy is doing better, a healthy dog might recover fairly fast, and so these don't get reported, but a weak dog or a dog with a comprised immune system might have more difficulty.

Join today and remove this ad!