View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 06:20 AM   #2
Mweasel
Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 019

Hello there. I'm glad you found a yorkie. Isn't it kinda funny how instead of us choosing the dog they choose us? Anyway, yorkie's are a different kind of dog. I've had alot of dogs in my life but I must say I was ill prepared for my yorkie - mine required alot of patience, training and learning. You may want to find you some good books on yorkies to find out more about them.

They do have alot of weird little things to them. Like some of them need to have their little butt glands mashed. I don't know what the correct term is Lol.
Alot of them also have allergies and sometimes breathing problems. Most yorkies I've seen develop problems with their legs if you let them jump off of stuff too much and yes like most dogs they don't realize they're small. They will boldly stand up to ANY dog no matter it's size.

But they are extremely lovable, good and loyal. My dog barks at anyone who comes near me, hehehe. He's very protective of me.

I love my yorkie and I learn something new from him every day. It's an adventure but one well worth taking. If your yorkie has allergies then get them some good shampoo for that and other things. I can't really describe much more about owning this breed. They're very different and will teach you alot. So far my two favorite types of dogs are Yorkies and Poodles. My moms poodle is extremely intelligent.

My yorkie also had a birth defect. His one testicle never dropped. I never got him fixed because I didn't want him to have to go through surgery to remove the testicle first. He's such a cool little man and I think God everyday for bringing him into my life. Even when I'm having a bad day all I have to do is look into those big brown eyes and everything gets better. Yorkies are incredible.
Mweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!