View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 04:38 AM   #1
mischiefmal
Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 019 I need some advice please

Hi, I'm new to this so please bear with me. I have 4 Yorkies. Sophie, Stanley, Posy and Sid. Sid is my newest and tiniest Yorkie, only had him two days.

The problem is Posy, she came to live with me about six months ago and was living in a kitchen permenently. Her owner was frightened to let her out in the garden because next door, lived two Japanese Akita's which were not very nice dogs, she also told me that she didn't have time to take Posy out for walks as she had children, this is what I was told anyway, and she wanted a good home for her.

The problem I have is as soon as the lead's and coats come out for our walks she goes absolutely stupid, barking (and let me say she has a really high pitched voice on her), she grabs hold of the leads and shakes them and when I eventually manage to get one of them on her she spins round like a lunatic on the end of it. I've tried putting the leads on the others first but she just grabs their leads and drags them down the hallway if she can.

Now that I have Sid, when it comes time for the walk I have to shut her in another room so that I can get him dressed because he is so tiny I could be scared that he will get hurt in the chaos. Once they are all dressed and ready as soon as her paws hit the pavement it's like a light switch being turned on she is really well behaved on the walks.

I just don't know how to stop this behaviour, and because Sid is so quiet and well behaved I don't want him to start to copy her, the other two have a bit of a bark with her but nothing excessive, I am now at my wits end please if anyone has any suggestions I would be eternally gratefull
mischiefmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!