View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
Kparrott
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 019 My Yorkie has a lump the size of a walnut on his side.

On October 3rd my baby Tyson choked on a dingo bone and thank God he was a able to throw it up. All night long he kept gaging but his breathing was okay. I took him to his Vet as soon as they opened the next morning. The Vet said she thought he had just irritated his throat and to just keep him calm the next few days . She gave him a anti-inflammatory shot. Almost 2 weeks ago I noticed a lump on his side towards the back of his rib cage. I think that it was around the area the shot was given. Tyson is only 1 1/2 years old and when he had his puppy shots and yearly shots he had a little lump come up in the first few days and then I could not feel it anymore. I really freaked out when I felt this lump and did not even consider that it could be from the anti-inflammatory shot he was given over a month ago. I took him to the Vet again over a week ago and was told this is a possible reaction to the shot .... It was possible that there could be scare tissue from earlier shots and that the latest shot could have just caused a reaction. The Vet said that there was some movement but felt some attachment. They said it was a little hard but really did not think it was cancerous. The lump is about the size of a large walnut....about 2 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide. I was told to watch it and if it got bigger come in and we would need to do something and if it stayed the same let them know. Am I just crazy or shouldn't they have done something other than feel the lump.

I hope I don't sound insane but 2 years ago my baby Peabody was misdiagnosed at the Pet Emergency with having a gum infection and when I took him to my old Vet they kept with the emergency hospitals findings..giving him succulent fluids under his skin antibiotics and special diet... I went to that Vet 2 other times after the emergency visit and they kept telling my I was over reacting it just took time for the medicine to work....The next morning I took him to another Vet and they told me he was in kidney failure. They kept him on IV's the next day and half and because it was Saturday they felt I would be able to give him more one on one treatment every hour. He made it through that afternoon and that night he was trying to get up and drink his water and eat on his own. That was the last night I had with him. I gave him his next dose of medicine he gave me kisses and took his last breath in my arms. Needless to say I am so worried about another misdiagnosis.... I don't want to be the over protective parent but I don't have children/can't have children and Tyson is all that I have.

Am I crazy for wanting a second opinion or should I wait a month before I go back. It doesn't seem to be getting bigger ...but is I just can't understand how a lump coming up that quick could be normal. Is there anything I can to to help the lump go down if it is just a reaction. Thanks
Kparrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!