View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 06:29 PM   #15
spelcheq
Yorkie Talker

Default a real yorkie vs. silky

I just finished drying my tears and bandaging my fingers. Five months ago I took a 4year old male Silky into my home after his owner died of cancer, a promise I made because the man's main worry was his dog and knowing the dog would have a home gave him a measure of peace. I also have a female Yorkie, 2 years old, and since I live alone she has been such a source of pleasure and happiness to me. The past five months they have gotten into 5 or 6 horrible snarling fights and tonight I ignored my vet's advice and intervened and got a good bite as a result. My vet said I should not attempt to break them apart while they're fighting because it is the way they establish who is top dog andthe past 2 or 3 fights I did walk away and they finally stopped and slowly made up, but tonight it seemed so vicious and I was so upset by it I paid the price for interfering. Any type of fighting has upset me all my life and animal fights are awful to hear and see. I read somewhere that these dogs will sometimes fight til one is dead and that is just terrible to contemplate. Right now if I could find a home for the Silky I think I'd let him go.............but I don't give anything up easily. Does anyone have any advice for me?
spelcheq is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!