View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 03:10 PM   #11
Epsilon
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin View Post
1rst off...thx every 1 for your prompt reply's.... 2nd of all i keep reading that the 3-4 lbs yorkies are mini yorkies .... i pretty much know that there is no such breed of "teacups" that that is a way 2 describe them... sooooo i'm confused about mini description....my fem. is 3.4 lbs...ive seen and heard of yokies being as large as 10-15 lbs is not the mini description 4 the smaller breed ????ohhhh & thx bunchez 4 the advice about neuter'n my Rex that is prolly what i'm going 2 do... but how long do i have b4 he's able to impregnate my maxie???
I don't know at what age your male is able to reproduce but I think it's not until at least 6 months of age.

As far as "mini" is concerned, the AKC standard is that yorkies "must not exceed 7 pounds". There are no adjectives to attach to the yorkie name. There is only the "Yorkshire Terrier". Some yorkies are bigger than 7 pounds and that's ok, they are just not within the standard. If you want to be clear that you have a smaller yorkie, it's probably best to just state her weight. Hope that clarified some things.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!