View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
hugz4all4
YT 2000 Club Member

Im in the process of crate training my 9 week old puppy. Ive had him a 11 days and after the 5th day of his training he has settled down considerably. The first night I had him he was so sad and cried all night long, the 2nd night he was pretty pooped so the only time he cryed out was when he had to potty. The 3rd and 4th nights were insane. He would fall asleep by 9 and wake up by 2 or 3 in the morning and just scream, cry and howl for 4 hours nonstop. I tried everything and was ready to give up but I knew if I gave in I would regret it. On the 5th night I put him next to my bed in his crate and the only time he wakes up now is to go potty and he settles right back down. He spends a few hours a day in it on and off so he stays use to being in it. I keep his food, blankets and lots of toys so he doesnt get bored.
Try putting your pup in there for a little while at a time during the day and dont give in to the whining cause the more you give in the longer they will cry the next time. He will eventually get use to it, it may take a few days to a few weeks. good luck!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!