View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #7
chloesMama
YT 1000 Club Member

I bought a holder at petsmart. It has a solid bottom so nothing can leak through and a frame that goes over it with two snaps one on each end , to hold the pee pad in place. I had the square snap together kind but hated having to put it together each time, plus it didn't have a bottom.

It works well and since it's higher than the floor and she has to step up on it , she knows the difference.

Arm and hammer makes a pee pad that hold odors well. I do change the pads about twice a day and then use a fresh one at night and I pick up the poo off it and flush it right away , so it doesn't smell. At night she tends to go more so it can get fuller and have a urine smell but as soon as I toss the pad , the smell is gone. She is only 2.5 lbs. full grown so Im not sure if a bigger dog would smell more.

maybe you can use a pee pad in the house and outside so he knows to use it , and then slowly discontinue the use of the one inside then after a long while discontinue the use outside by making it smaller and smaller till he just goes outside every time .

It's funny our other dog who we never pee pad trained doesn't even try to use Chloe's pee pads. She has sniffed them , but will only go outside, So I think they just learn whatever method you use.

Chloe and Sydney's mama
chloesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!