View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 07:44 AM   #21
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busters-Mom View Post
I don't consider mutt offensive either but I have seen it used here in a way that can make it seem that way.
In fact most people I know find "mutts" to be the best dogs.

I guess what I am trying to say is this is a site that is supposed to be user friendly to everyone, why keep using a term that you know may hurt someone else's feelings or make them not want to come here.
I guess this is just where we have a difference of opinion on the subject. Why should people refrain from using a word just because other choose to take offense to it? Should all words that others find offense to stop being used as well, or should that just be the case in THIS instance? I think the more rational option would be for people who find themselves being repeatedly offended should lighten up and chaulk it up to being 'part of' a public forum full of people with differing opinions and views rather than expecting people to change their ways and cater to them.

And for the record, the best dog I have EVER owned was a mutt named Rocky Noodle and I can't even begin to make an educated guess as to what he actually was...other than small, black and furry.

Last edited by BamaFan121s; 11-24-2008 at 07:46 AM.
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!