View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #6
Dougal&Little
Donating YT 500 Club Member

O I've got a couple. Hide and seek. If she's got a good wait then get her to wait (or get someone to hold her) then go hide and call out to her to come find you. (If she's not finding you make a little noise) My guys love this game. I also play hide and seek with toys when I can't be bothered moving around much. I get Dougal really into a toy then cover his eyes and hide the toy then ask "where is it Dougal" he spends ages scurrying around trying to find it.

Another brain game someone suggested was getting paper cups and putting a little treat under one then getting the dog to sniff out the treat.

You could train some tricks. Once she's zoning in on the touch stick again you could teach her to weave between your legs as you walk along. Even tho Dixie doesn't like being too near my clumsy feet most of the time I still have a pretty good weave from her. You could do heelwork to music - we're giving that a go - it's pretty taxing on my brain coming up with ways to train different tricks! A really cute one that didn't take long with Dixie (it did with Dougal) was to wave on command with different paws.

Wow a special disabled class in agility - I wish that they just had a micro dog class here in NZ!

Hope that helps and if there are other suggestions I'd like to know - keeping my two occupied during the winter months is hard work! But it's summer here (nearly) yay for long walks on the beach - despite the sunburn.

Dougal's Facebook Dixie's Facebook
Dougal&Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!