View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 07:18 PM   #4
Darlin Beauxs
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmax View Post
I can feel your pain! Yesterday I had an absolute meltdown. I got home from a business trip and realized that our bedroom carpet had a few more pee spots than when I left. Not really a big deal since the carpet has already been dominated by pee. What set me off was the two dried up pee spots on our $1600 oriental carpet in the living room. I was so upset that I had to stand in the shower for 45 minutes just to cool down.

Then tonight, I'm standing out in the cold waiting for our little guy to pee. He pooped and then wanted to come in. I took him around in our yard and then got soo upset for not peeing after 10 minutes that i gave him a spanking. He yelped and my wife got so pissed that I'm now in the dog house (rightfully so). I should not have spanked the dog but I am seriously at my whits end. For some reason this has been extremely stressful for me.

What i've been doing to minimize pee spots in the house has been to put a diaper for him. I only bought one so when its in the washing machine (every other day) he has at the carpet again. So, get (2) or more. Second, tomorrow I'm going to get pee pads and will try to train him again on those. Other than that, I'm going to make it a habit to walk him down the block in the AM and right before bed (instead of just letting him sniff our back yard).

I hope your not as frustrated as me... but, maybe one day this problem will go away, cuz I truly love this little guy!

ok...get prepared...you are going to get bashed for hitting your dog...just a warning...because it is coming.

Invest in a portable rug cleaner....bissel makes a good one for about $40, they are good to clean up little mistakes. I have one and a full size steam cleaner.

I would put him in a crate when I couldn't watch him, and take him outside to potty every 2 hrs or so. If he potties, give him a treat. Positive reinforcement always works better.

I would stick with one training method too, Pee pads OR outdoors.
Darlin Beauxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!