View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
cdnyorkie
Yorkie Talker

Default Hypoglycemia or ??

HI everyone. I'm new to Yorkietalk.com and am a new, first time owner of an almost 11 week old male yorkie. He's the funniest little guy and we just love him. I understand that seizures and hypoglycemia are not out of the ordinary for these little ones. Here's our problem that started last night when we had friends come over and brought their two dogs which I was completely against. These two dogs however, had nothing to do with Linus at all. They were scared of him or something. They stayed upstairs and Linus stayed down with us and was ripping around like crazy with lots of attention for quite a while. When I was up in the kitchen getting munchies ready with Linus (just the two of us) I noticed for the first time ever his head bobbing/nodding back and his eyelids twitching as well. This lasted only seconds, but it happened a few times throughout the evening. I was worried sick leaving him in his crate for the night and so didn't sleep very well thinking he'd seizure or worse, die on me. I was hoping whatever this was would just stop by morning. Everyone said it looked like he was sniffing a scent in the air, and it does, but it's more pronounced than just a sniff. After he woke me up this morning I noticed it was still going on so I did my research on Yorkietalk.com but still couldn't find some answers. I'm guessing he's got this hypoglycemia. It is Sunday evening now, the veterinarian's aren't open to go buy Nutrical and I visited the pet store today and they had nothing at all even similar to it. This morning I gave him table syrup (Aunt Jemima) as this is all I have. Does anyone know how much or how often to give this? I've given him a bit more throughout the day. He's only 2lbs though and I don't want to take him to the other extreme of hyperglycemia. Do you think this sounds like hypoglycemia? My intention for the morning is to get on the horn with the vet. Problem is I work 8-4pm and don't want to wait until after 4pm to have an appt or get my hands on this Nutrical. I'm considering calling in sick (which I never do!!!) Tonight he's done this head bobbing a few times, I've given him some syrup, he's had his nap and is still very active. At those twitching times though, it seems to be his nap time. Any thoughts or ideas for me??? It's really bothering me!
cdnyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!